1.0 Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
1.1 What is personal information?
Personal information is information that may be used to identify a specific individual. Examples of personal information include your name, address, age, social insurance number and other personal identification numbers.
1.2 What personal information does Tech To U collect and use?
In the course of carrying on our business, it is necessary for Tech To U to collect and use information about a variety of individuals. The way this information is used is dependent upon the nature and sensitivity of the particular information. Tech To U limits its collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the purposes that we have identified to you. For example, Tech To U may collect personal information such as name, address and contact information in order to transact business with you.
1.3 Purposes: Why do we collect personal information?
Tech To U collects and uses personal information for the purposes reasonably required to carry on our business, including the following:
- To establish and maintain an effective business relationship with you, Tech To U collects basic information from its customers, partners, suppliers, contractors and other individuals to confirm their identity and related contact information.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements, Tech To U collects and uses personal information in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and our legal and regulatory obligations to others.
- To understand your needs and improve our business, we may collect information from you about your business and how we meet your needs.
- To meet your needs and improve your business, we may provide information to you about our business and how we meet your needs.
If we identify a new purpose other than those listed above for the personal information that we have collected from you, we will obtain your consent before using your personal information for the new purpose.
1.4 What personal information does Tech To U disclose?
Tech To U may be required to disclose personal information about individuals in certain situations, including the following:
- To an affiliated company or a third party where the third party has agreed to handle the information in accordance with our policies and the applicable legislation.
- To a person whom Tech To U reasonably believes to be acting as the individual’s agent.
- To a person acting as a Tech To U supplier or subcontractor for business we conduct with you.
- To a public authority, or its agent, to the extent required to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- For the purpose of a proposed sale of all or a part of our business.
You may withdraw or limit your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restriction and reasonable notice. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent may change the way in which Tech To U is able to interact with you.
We will not use or disclose your personal information without your consent except in the following circumstances:
- When required by law or for law enforcement or investigatory purposes.
- For an emergency that threatens life, health or security.
- For the purpose of collecting on a debt owed to Tech To U.
- If the information is publicly available.
2.0 Protecting Your Personal Information
Keeping your personal information confidential and secure is a priority for Tech To U. In order to ensure protection of your personal information, we have developed security procedures to safeguard and protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, copying, and unauthorized use or modification, including:
- Limiting the collection, use and disclosure of personal information to that reasonably required to carry on our business.
- Ensuring that areas and documents are only accessible by authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis.
- Protecting the confidential nature of personal information when dealing with other organizations and requiring them to meet the same standard as we do in handling personal information, however, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices and policies of third parties.
3.0 Your Rights
3.1 Accessing your personal information
We will honour any reasonable requests you make to review, update or correct any of your personal information that is held by Tech To U. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days of the request being made.
You may refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share your personal information or you may also withdraw a previously given consent at any time. However, by doing so, depending on the situation, you may be limiting or even preventing our ability to provide you with the service or product you desire.
3.2 Requesting an update or correction
If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, you may ask us to correct it. We will respond to your request to update or correct your personal information within 30 days of the request being made.
3.3 Registering complaints
In the event of any conflict or other concern regarding access to, or the accuracy or our use of, your personal information, you may register a question or complaint with our Privacy Officer.
4.0 Contact Information
Tech To U Corporate Office
Chief Privacy Officer
5160 Skyline Way NE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
6.0 Visiting the Tech To U Website
A visitor to the Tech To U website, www.techtou.com, is not required to reveal any personal information, such as name, address, or telephone number. Nor is such information collected passively by electronic means.
Your personal information is collected when you voluntarily complete an online form. Personal information collected in online forms is used to respond to your inquiries or requests and for other purposes reasonably required to carry on our business as outlined in section 1.3.
Our website collects visitor information in the form of the visitor’s domain or Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and information regarding which pages are accessed. This information is used internally, only in aggregate form, to better serve you by helping us manage and improve the content of our website and to diagnose technical problems. Tech To U may also store ‘cookies’ on your computer and use Google Analytics when you visit our website.
Our website may contain links to other websites; however, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices and policies of third party websites.